Saturday 3 October 2009

A Handful Of Treats

Every now and again I pop by the Lizzie Fortunato site to eye up what I would buy if I had a tonne of money. Ideally I'd buy everything but on this visit I think I'd happily plump for this beautiful statement bib necklace.

Absolutely besotted with this image by Melissa Castrillon based on the story of Sarah Henley who, in 1855, attempted to kill herself by jumping from the Clifton Suspension Bridge in Bristol. As she fell the large skirt of her dress blew up like a parachute and she glided safely the 225ft to land. I have always loved this story and this image is the perfect treatment for it. I love that nude pink too!


Really impressed with this album cover by Anna Hurley

1 comment:

teresa murfin said...

I have Melissa Castrillon's image on a postcard on my desk. I love it too! I had no idea of the story behind it, thanks!